If you have a Mac and you want to show iPad video on your large screen TV. You can use XBMC to do that for free. XBMC is a powerful free app that turns Mac into a full fledged media center. The latest version of XBMC supports Airplay video. This means you’ll be able to wirelessly transmit video from iPad to anything running XBMC, it could be a Mac hooked up to a TV, and here is a step by step guide show you how to set that up and get iPad AirPlay video to show on TV.
- Step1. Download the latest version of XBMC, you can get it from here for free.
- Step2. Install it on your Mac and Launch XBMC, scroll over to “System”
- Step3. Choose “Settings” from the submenu and click on “Network”
- Step4. Scroll down and find “Allow XBMC to receive AirPlay content”, click the dot next to it so that it’s blue
Now, it’s time to export your iPad AirPlay Video to XBMC
- Step1. Go to your iPad, Start playing a video as usual from a variety of video apps, such as VLC player.
- Step2. Tap the video to show the control bar, then tap the AirPlay icon
- Step3. Look for “XBMC (Computer Name)” and tap on it to begin AirPlaying the video
That’s all, your iPad video will be shown on your TV.
If you are looking for more games for iPad, you can refer to this Free iPad Games Resource List.