"Clear data before copying" is an option on the user interface while transferring. It only clears the selected data on the destination phone. For example, if you select Contacts to copy and then select the clear data before copying option, Contacts on the destination phone will be deleted before copying.
Kindly Reminder: Before checking "clear data before copying", it is advisable make a backup of the data you want to delete from the target device, to make sure you won't lose the data.
For iOS device, you can follow the tips below to resolve it :
Firstly, please make sure you have closed all Apps on your phone while running this product, no applications updating either.
Secondly, please follow the step by step guidance below.
1) Please connect the device to your computer and open iTunes.
2) Select iPhone/iPad/iPod icon to enter the page of your device.
3) Click the Back Up Now button to back up your device.
4) After the backup, click the Restore Backup... button to restore your device.
For Android device, firstly, please make sure your device is connected and you have received the notification and confirmed it.
Secondly, follow the guide below to ocntinue the erase process.
1) Guarantee you have not use other programs like iPhone data recovery during the process.
2) Go to Settings > Back and reset on your device and click the Factory data reset option.
3) Restart your device and then enter the delete to complete the process.
Phone Transfer can not connect to BlackBerry devices directly. But it supports restoring its backup files. To transfer data from BlackBerry devices, you can follow the steps below.
1.Please back up your data in BlackBarry devices by Blackberry DesktopSuite. Here is the website to get the tool: http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html.
2.Connect your new device to Phone Transfer and select the Restore From Backups feature. Then go to the Blackberry backup file option to restore.
Please note that our program only supports BlackBerry devices run OS 7.1 and earlier (Support the backup files of BlackBerry phones running OS 7.1 and earlier, which are created by BlackBerry® Desktop Software version 7.0 or 7.1).
If the device failed to connect with Phone Transfer, please follow the tips below to connect your device with Phone Transfer.
For Android device:
1. Please make sure you are using the latest version of Phone Transfer. To check the version number, you can click menu icon on top right corner of the software and choose Check for updates to confirm this.
2. Please unplug and connect your phones again. If it still fails, try another USB hub. Also, please connect your phone to a power supply stable USB interface to avoid insufficient power supply.
3. Enable USB Debug mode on your device. Here is the guide for each Android version.
For Android OS 2.0~2.3:
For Android OS 3.0~4.1:
For Android OS 4.2 and 4.3:
For Android OS 4.4 and above
1) Connect your device to your computer via USB cable and drag down the dropdown menu.
2) Click the Connected for charging optiona and then select the Media device (MTP) or Camera (PTP) / Send images (PTP) option.
Please note: For LG devices, they can be connected under Camera (PTP) / Send images (PTP) mode ONLY.
4. Please check the FAQ below to reinstall the driver. http://developer.android.com/sdk/oem-usb.html
Before the reinstallaton, please go to the Computer Manager to remove the old driver.
5. Please make sure there is more then 100 MB free space on your device.
For iOS device:
1. Please install the latest version of iTunes on your device, and check if the device can be detected via iTunes.
2. For iOS 7 or above, please make sure you have trusted your computer.
3. For iOS 8, please click Retry for twice to see if the device will be connected successfully.
4. Please unplug and connect your phones again. If it still fails, try another USB hub.
If the case persists, please send us the latest log file via Feedback icon in the software.