If you are a fan of YouTube, there must be many YouTube videos you want to convert or edit on Mac. Commonly, videos shown on YouTube are comprised of FLV files. And we collects the top 5 FLV converters for you, they are totally free and safe.
Why you need to convert FLV videos? Here are some advantages:
1. FLV video is not compatible with iMovie, QuickTime and Final Cut Pro, convert FLV video to MOV video and then you can edit it.
2. Convert YouTube FLV video to MP4 video for playback on iPod, iPhone, iPad, Mobile Phone or any other portable devices.
3. Convert FLV video to MP3 song, save money to purchase music from iTunes store, Amazon, etc.
4. You cannot burn FLV videos to DVD disc to play on DVD player, but FLV Converter can help you fix the problem.
FLV files, commonly known as Flash Video files, are audio and video format that compresses media into quality files. These kinds of files are basically used for streaming content used on the internet.
If you don't know how to download YouTube FLV video to Mac, please refer to this guide of 3 Free Ways to Download YouTube video to Mac.
iFFmpeg is a free, easy-to-use front-end for the powerful--and also free--command line tool FFmpeg, which lets you easily convert media files between different formats. (Note that you must also download an FFmpeg binary to use iFFmpeg, but the developer's Web site has simple, drag-and-drop instructions for doing so.) The iFFmpeg interface is straightforward enough for even beginners to use, with a sparse menu bar that lets you add a file to convert, or preview, start, or merge files. You can also look at FFmpeg binary information, choose a codec (from an almost overwhelming array, from basics like FLV, AVI, MOV, and WMV to device-specific MP4s for everything from AppleTV to Sony PSP), and adjust a huge number of settings, include bit rate, resolution, and aspect ratio, with separate settings for audio and video. iFFmpeg can also handle batch processing and comes with several localizations.
Download Free FLV Converter for Mac - iFFmpeg
Good, efficient and free video converters are in short supply on Macs but FLV Crunch for Mac is a definite contender. FLV Crunch for Mac is based on the ffmpegX engine and converts your video files with ease from multiple formats to FLV which you can play on your iPhone or iPod. FLV Crunch supports conversion to and from most major formats including FLV, MPG, AVI, MP4, WMV and 3GP. To use it, select the files you want to convert from the Menu. From there, you can select the output format and then click Start to convert. If you want, you can make changes to the frame rate (the number of frames per second), the bit rate (speed of data transfer) and resolution before you convert. FLV Crunch for Mac is a straightforward, free and powerful converter to convert media files between multiple formats on your Mac.
Download Free FLV Converter for Mac - FLV Crunch
Adapter is a free image, audio and video converter for Mac. Its FFmpeg-powered engine allows you to convert many different file types to another. Video to video, video to audio, audio to audio and image to image are all supported.
1. Quick drag-and-drop media converting from a single batch queue
2. Real-time output file size estimation (know file sizes before you convert)
3. Convenient presets for many different devices, like iPhone, iPad and PS3
4. Active Preview system to quickly see how your output media will look
5. 64-bit multi-threaded, multi-core FFmpeg backend for fast encoding
6. Passthrough detection to determine when to copy streams for faster encodes
7. Support for iPhone ringtones from any video or audio source
8. Import media directly into iTunes
Download Free Mac FLV Converter - Adapter
Video Converter for Mac is an excellent Mac video converter software which can convert video and audio with perfect quality and high conversion speed for Mac OS X users. This Video Converter for Mac supports all popular video formats. It is not only a video converter, but also a video editor for Mac to help you join, cut, crop video, add subtitles and watermark to video.
Supported Video Formats
Standard Video: MP4, AVI (XviD), WMV (Windows Media), FLV (YouTube Video), MOV (Quicktime), MKV (Blu-ray Rip), M4V, VOB (DVD Rip), MPEG, RMVB (Real Player Video), 3GP and 3GPP (Phone video), TS (Sony Camera Video), TP, TRP, etc.
HD Video: HD MKV (H.264, MPEG-2), HD WMV (VC-1), MTS (AVCHD, H.264), M2TS (AVCHD, H.264), MOD (MPEG-2), HD TOD (MPEG-2), HD MOV (MPEG-4, H.264), HD FLV, HD TS, HD MPG, HD TRP, etc.
Audio Formats: MP3, MKA, MP2, WAV, WMA, M4A, AC3, NSV, AMR, AIFF, AAC, FLAC, OGG, APE.
1. Convert videos for use with any software or Portable Players in super fast speed.
2. Extract audio from video, movies and TV to play on MP3 players.
3. Convert camcorder formats like AVCHD (MTS/M2TS), AVCHD Lite, MOD/TOD, etc.
4. One-click to download online video right from the built-in browser.
Download All-In-One Video Converter
Any Video Converter – one-box free application for video conversion, a powerful video editor and burning tool in one kit. It gives you possibility to convert files using premade profiles, which are focused on precise platforms (game consoles, mobile phones, tablets, smartphones and others) and choose conversion configurations manually. Before conversion start you can watch your file in a special built-in player.
1. Stream video download from YouTube, Facebook, Nico, Google, Liveleak, Vevo, Vimeo etc;
2. Support of most popular (more than 60) formats, such as MOV, M2TS, MXF, OGM, RMVB, RM, WMV, QT and DivX;
3. Screenshots grabbing;
4. Audio and video resembling, bitrates set-up and other parameter settings;
5. Powerful video editor, effects, transitions and other edit tools;
6. DVD or AVCHD DVD burning.
Download Free FLV Converter for Mac - Any Video Converter