When you connect your iOS device to iTunes, you may find there is an “other” category in iTunes Capacity. “Other” holds things like system software, contacts, Messages data, settings and things that are not listed elsewhere in the capacities list. Sometimes, “Other” erroneously reports massive numbers like 7GB taken up out of a 8GB capacity device. And here is a step by step guide will show you how to delete/clear the “other” in iTunes, fix the Capacity problem. I took iPhone as example in this guide; it’s the same for iPod and iPad.
1. Connect the iPhone to a computer through USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes, iTunes should automatically detect the iPhone.
3. Hold the iPhone Power and Home button until the iPhone forcibly reboots.
4. Close iTunes and re-launch it. The “Other” should recalculate to be a reasonable amount.
If the above method didn’t work for you, go to this way.
1. Plug in iPhone to computer and launch iTunes.
2. Click on the iTunes “Summary” tab and scroll down to ‘Options’.
3. Click the checkbox next to “Open iTunes when this iPhone is connected” to make the option is checked.
4. This process will force the iPhone to recalculate the “Other” space, the next time you launch iTunes, “other” should become normal.
If the second method is still not work, keep on reading.
1.Plug in iPhone and launch iTunes, uncheck things you want to sync, excluding apps.
2. Click “apple” to apply changes
3. Re-check the items you want to sync to your iPhone and click apply changes again, done.