This iPod FAQ including all tips and solutions to the general iPod problems, if you are new iPod user, it would help you know iPod fast. It works for all series of iPod including iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPod Classic and iPod Shuffle, even the iPhone. Here is the index of this iPod FAQ:
1. How to reset and restore iPod
2. How to download and convert YouTube video to iPod for free
3. How to convert DVD and video to iPod with Windows
4. How to convert DVD and video to iPod with Mac
5. How to manage multiple iPods on one computer or transfer music between iPods.
6. How to transfer music, video, pictures from iPod back to computer and iTunes
7. How to reformat iPod on Windows and Mac computer
8. How to connect iPod to TV and watch iPod video on TV
9. How to download and convert Limewire video to iPod
10. How to put PDF file and electronic book on iPod
11. Where to download free music, video and movie for iPod
12. Where can I found some cool themes for iPod touch and iPhone
13. How to install applications on iPod Touch and iPhone for free
14. How to hack iPod Nano to play games and video
Step By Step guide download limewire video to iPod on windows
Step By Step guide download limewire video to iPod on mac
Step By Step guide reformat iPod on windows and mac
Set up your iPod video options. On your iPod choose Videos -> Video Settings from the main menu. You will see three options: TV Out, TV Signal and Widescreen. Select the 'TV Out' option.
Get your A/V cable. If you don't have an eighth-inch-to-RCA cable, you can pick one up on eBay for five or six bucks shipped. Search for "camcorder A/V cable. Remember, you want a three-plug yellow/red/white RCA connection at one end and a three-banded eighth-inch (3.5mm) A/V plug at the other.
1. Plug the red RCA plug into your TV's yellow RCA jack.
2. Plug the yellow RCA plug into your TV's white RCA jack.
3. Plug the white RCA plug into your TV's red RCA jack.
After making these connections, you're physically ready to begin playback.
iPod can't directly display PDF files, you have to convert your PDF file or electronic book to *.txt format, and make sure the file size is smaller than 4KB, and then copy the *txt file to the 'Note' folder ion your iPod. Here are the detailed steps:
1. Enable your iPod as a portable hard drive, plug in your iPod to computer and run iTunes, in the summary tab, check the option named 'enable iPod disk mode'
2. Download and install iGadget, it can convert and cut your files to 4kb .txt files. Here is the download link: http://www.freedvdripper.net/software/igadget.html
3. Connect your iPod to computer, open 'My Computer', open the iPod drive (the new drive with your iPod name), and copy the txt file to the 'Note' folder, done. Then you can read the text file on iPod note.
1. iTunes store: 69¢, 99¢, or $1.29 a song — $9.99 per album, Standard-definition movie rentals are $2.99 for library titles and $3.99 for new releases movie., $1.99 for one TV show.
2. Limewire is fast and popular file sharing freeware working on Windows, Linux and Mac OS. Through the P2P (peer-to-peer) network, you can free download various files by its category or keyword searching. Step by step guide refer to part7.
3. Other stream video website such as Yahoo, MySpace, etc. here is a list of free stream video website And you can refer the part 1 of this iPod FAQ to download stream video to iPod.
4. Torrent Website, here is a step by step guide will teach you how to download free torrent movie and music to computer, then you can refer to part2 to convert the downloaded torrent video to iPod.
If you sick of your iPod Touch or iPhone default theme and want to customize it, you can find some free cool themes from here
And it has a detailed guide to teach you how to put the themes on your iPod, it’s easy to understand, I’m sure you can handle it.
Before Apple released the iPhone SDK, you have to jailbreak your iPod Touch or iPhone to install free software or play funny game. And here is a step by step guide will teach you how to do that.
This part is mainly for the old version iPod, coz the new series of iPods can directly play video and game and you don’t need to hack them. If you want to hack your iPod to play Doom 3, you have to install iPod Linux on your iPod, here is iPod Linux official installation guide
Or you can take a look at this guide, which I think is more intuitional:
Note: It can be pretty complicated to install iPod Linux on iPod, so give it a serious consideration before you do that.