1. Click the “Convert” icon to open the Convert window.
2. Click the W button on the top-right corner of the window to choose an output format.
3. Click “All Pages” button to choose the page numbers that you want to convert.
4. Click “Settings” button (gear icon) on the bottom-left corner of the window to get settings of different output formats.
To highlight text or add other markups to the PDF file, please follow the instructions below:
1. Open the PDF file in the software; click the Markup icon on the upper right corner of the Tool bar. You will see the different markup options such as Highlight, Underline and Strikethrough.
2. After selecting a markup tool, a check mark will appear next to it.
3. Choose a color and drag the cursor over the text in the PDF.
Click View>Sidebar from the top menu to open the sidebar.
Alternately, you can click on the Sidebar icon to choose the display option.
To add a hyper link to a PDF, follow steps below:
1. Click the Hyperlink icon
2. The cursor will change to a crosshair symbol.
3. Drag the cursor to select an area to insert the hyperlink.
4. A pop up window will appear for you to set the link.
There are two options:
a. Go to page: You can direct the link to another location in the same file.
b. Open a webpage: enter the URL (web address) of a website.
5. Click Ok to save the changes.
Due to the different languages and characters used, it is important to specify the language that you will need the scanned document to be read in, so that it will recognize those special characters.
If you do not choose the correct language, then the OCR plugin will not recognize the content of your file successfully and will result in an incorrect conversion.
1. After loading the scanned PDF file in the application, a notice will appear to ask you to perform OCR.
2. Install OCR
3. Perform OCR function to edit the scanned PDF file.
4. Choose correct language of your PDF file.
5. Click on the Edit button to edit the text of the PDF file.
1. Click the Stamp icon.
2. Choose one of the options presented.
3. Under the “More” option, there are more stamp options or customize your own stamps.
Type a new stamp: enables you to use the keyboard to type the words that you want for the new stamp.
Draw a new stamp: enables you to use the mouse click to draw a picture or drag some text to be on the new stamp.
Create stamp from captured picture: enables you to use the camera on your Mac to take a picture, and then use this picture as a new stamp.
Create stamp from image file: enables you to use the existing pictures on your Mac as the new stamp.
Click on the hand icon and move the mouse to the Hyperlink. The mouse will appear as a pointing hand icon. Continue to hover the cursor over the link and URL will appear. It will direct you to the webpage when you click it.
You can download and install one of the EPUB Reader tools from below. After you have installed it you can open up EPUB files.
1) Adobe® Digital Editions (Windows and Mac OS)
Download link: http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html?promoid=DTEIO
2) Sony Reader Library(Windows and Mac OS)
Download link: https://ebookstore.sony.com/download/
3) Calibre (Windows and Mac OS)
Download link: http://calibre-ebook.com/download
4) Stanza (Windows OS)
Download link: http://stanza-desktop.en.softonic.com/
Use the following tools to view EPUB files on Mobile Devices:
1) iPad: iBooks,Stanza
2) iPhone: iBooks, Stanza
3) Andriod Devices: FBReaderJ
Download link: http://fbreader.org/FBReaderJ
Bookmarks allow you to go back to specified pages quickly and easily.
To add a bookmark to your file, click on the Bookmark button .
You can find your bookmarks listed in the sidebar.
1. Click the Edit icon on the upper-right corner of the window. The editing tools will be displayed below.
2. Click the Add image icon, then a window will appear to let you choose an image. The image will be added to the current page.
3. Drag the image’s frame to re-size it.
4. Drag the image to re-position it.
To do annotations, go to the selection area.
• The Sticky Note icon ,is for adding notes.
• The Arrow icon is for adding shapes such as arrows, lines, rectangles, ovals, etc.
• The Pencil icon is for marking your file.
• The Text box icon is for adding text boxes.
To display the content of the annotations:
1. Right-click on the sticky note icon that was added to the PDF file.
2. Click “Show Popup Note” to view the content.
Open the PDF file and click File> Security on the top menu bar.
Go to Security> Show Security Properties or Security Settings. Security Properties will enable you to know all the permissions of the current file. Security Settings will enable you to set an Open Password or Permission Password for the file.
After setting a password, click OK. The application will remind you to save a new copy of the PDF file.
Click Save As… then the password will be activated on the saved file.
For a single Bookmark, select and right-click on the bookmark and choose “Expand”. To Collapse, select “Collapse”.
For all Bookmarks, click the “gear” icon at the bottom right of the page. Select “Expand Bookmarks” from the dropdown list.
Right-click on the blank space on the toolbar. Choose “Customize Toolbar” from the list.
Drag and drop your most used function buttons to the toolbar. There is also a default set that can be dragged to the toolbar.
The document information consists of Title, Author, Subject and Keywords. To view or change this information, go to the Inspector icon in the Toolbar.
To edit, delete or modify the text in the PDF, follow the steps below.
1. Select the text to be modified.
2. Click the Edit button on the upper right corner of the toolbar. The format bar will appear as shown below.
3. In the text-editing mode, you can add, delete or modify the text.
4. In the format bar, there are options to format the text and change font.
5. Click anywhere outside the selected text to save the changes.