For some reasons, your iOS devices like iPod touch, iPhone or iPad crashed, and you lost all the purchased apps on it. Or you accidently deleted a bough app from your iOS devices, but now you want to retrieve it back without buy it twice. Or you bought a app a long time ago and you never even install it. And here is a step by step guide will show you how to re-download and re-install purchased iOS apps. It’s easier to understand, even you are computer challenger can follow it. I took iPad as example in the guide, the operation steps are the same on iPhone and iPod touch.
- Open the “App Store” on your iPad.
- Tap on the “Purchased” tab at the bottom of the screen (For iPhone & iPod users, please tap “Updates” and then “Purchased”)
- Tap “Not On This iPad” to see the list of apps that are not installed on your iPad
- Find the app you wish to retrieve back to your iPad and tap the download icon. It looks like a cloud with an arrow on it.
- After the download was finished, you can re-install it on your iPad, that’s all.
What’s advantage of this method?
- You can uninstall the apps you are not use frequently to free your iPod, iPhone or iPad space, when you need the apps, you can retrieve it back.
- When you need to switch to another iOS devices, you can re-download and re-install the apps, as long as the iOS device is authorized with the same Apple ID.
If you want to retrieve songs from iPod/iPhone/iPad to computer, you can follow this step by step iPod songs transfer to computer guide.