iPhoto and iTunes will launch automatically when you connect any iOS devices to computer. This is really annoying when you just want to connect your iOS device to computer to just charge the battery or manually sync files to it. And this problem will happen when you connect iPhone, iPod touch or iPad to your computer. Here is a step by step guide will show you how to stop iPhoto and iTunes launch automatically problem.
1. Connect your iOS devices like iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to the computer through the USB cable. Let iPhoto open then quit it
2. Now open “Image Capture”, found in the /Applications/ folder. In the lower left corner, click the little pulldown menu next to “Connecting this iPhone opens” and choose “No application”
3. Quit out of Image Capture. That’s all. The next time you connect the your iOS devices to the Mac, the iPhoto app will no longer launch itself automatically.
1. Connect your iOS device to the computer.
2. Inside iTunes, click on the device and then click on the ‘Summary’ tab. Scroll to the bottom of the Summary tab selections until you see “Options”.
3. Click on the checkbox next to ‘Open iTunes when this iPhone is connected’ – wording will be slightly different if your device is an iPad or iPod or whatever.
4. Close iTunes. That’s all. iTunes will no longer launch itself automatically when you connect the your iOS devices to computer.