Connecting an external hard disk drive or maybe Universal serial bus photoflash step to any Macintosh will normally read along with operate okay as is also simply because Mac Operating system A can read various other filesystem forms, as well as Microsoft windows MSDOS, ExFAT, along with NTFS formats. That said, if you need full Mac match-ups and to get the most from another travel, anyone’ll would like to format the item to the Mac pc Operating-system Lengthy filesystem. Many of the necessary for purchases involving simple Laptop or computer drives, which generally semen preformatted being Windows appropriate instead of regarding Macintosh Os in this handset Ten.
It’s really easy to format flash drive or external drive through USB, Firewire or Thunderbolt. But please remember backup your data before formatting your drive.
1. Connect the hard drive or USB key to the Mac
2. Launch Disk Utility, located in Applications > Utilities
3. Locate the drive name from the left hand side of Disk Utility and click on it
4. Click on the “Erase” tab across the top
5. Next to “Format:” click the contextual menu and select “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)”
6. Name the drive if you want, the name can be changed at any point.
7. Click the “Erase” button and confirm again on the next pop-up window
Smaller external hard drives, SSD’s, and USB flash keys format quickly, while a larger hard drive may take a while longer. When completed, the drive will be formatted to the Mac OS X compatible HFS+ filesystem.
That’s all, it couldn’t be easier to format flash drive on Mac.